The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively and offer support to a physiotherapist in a clinical environment.
5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Some of the Learning outcomes include:
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of a physiotherapy assistant and of a chartered physiotherapist
- Explain the role of important anatomical systems
- Apply knowledge gained to recognise a range of common medical conditions
- Practice the skills required to support the client in all aspects of the physiotherapy intervention
- Identify the skills required to support therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions
- Practice therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in physiotherapy interventions
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a physiotherapy assistant to include own strengths and weakness
Learner Record 50% Examination 30% Assignment 20%
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
Minimum of Level 4 certificate standard of education. Strong interest or working in providing quality care in a healthcare setting. A strong level of spoken and written English required.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Booking Form available by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.gmbcollege.ie.
To apply for this course you can directly contact GMB College by:
Tel No: 01 66 24 325
Online: On-line Application
Successful completion enables the learner to transfer to programmes leading to other certificates where this component is a mandatory or an elective requirement at Level 5 & 6